Our Price From: $44.99
Shop Indoor Planters by Material
Indoor Planters: 10 Quick Tips
1. Shape up! Round terra cotta pots are still classically beautiful, but options are blossoming. Indoor planters come in squares and rectangles, rounds and ovals, made of copper, fiberglass, porcelain, wicker, even stone. How about a fish bowl planter on a plant stand, awash in a sea of anemones?
2. We taste with our eyes too, you know. Food is yummier when it's beautiful. Fill your kitchen planter with edible flowers, and use them as glorious garnish to turn dull dishes into works of tasty art.
3. Many indoor planters like to step outside now and then. Their compact size is perfect for apartment balconies, window boxes, even rooftops.
4. Even apartment dwellers deserve a welcome mat. Put two small stone indoor planters outside your entry door to brighten the smiles of visitors. We bet your neighbors will follow your lead and turn your hallway into a garden gateway.
5. Green-thumb your nose at winter. Use indoor planters to experiment with varieties, practice pruning and even cross-breeding. Then unleash your newfound knowledge on the yard next spring.
6. A strawberry urn planter is perfect for all kinds of herbs. Imagine having fresh oregano, rosemary, and cherry tomatoes growing right in your kitchen. If we could only figure out how to plant bread and mozzarella . . .
7. Here's the dirt: indoor planters and urns bloom best with potting soil. It has a fresh, clean balance of peat, sand, and perlite, perfect for nutrition and drainage. You can't bring in dirt from the yard without bringing in bugs and odors, too.
8. Hats off to you: You discovered that those gorgeous ceramic planters are perfect for holding a bouquet of umbrellas, walking canes, stocking caps and gloves.
9. Can't decide what to plant indoors? Let your room's needs narrow your choices. Sleek modern metal planters with long, lanky plants look fantastic in clean, open rooms. Rooms with a cozy clutter benefit from broad-leaf hangers in ceramic or wicker.
10. Think outside the pot. Plants are carefree and playful. You can be too. Add glass ornaments, lights, toys or small art pieces to your indoor planter pots to create a cheerful sense of whimsy and fun. Those plain terra cotta pots are just begging to be custom-painted.
Find more information in our Indoor Planters Helpful Information section!